Sunday, November 15, 2009

A couple requests:

I don't know if anyone out there knows anything about blogs but if you do there are a couple things I want to do.

I want to be able to set up polls. Ideally they'd be on the side, but if I have to link them, that's tolerable.

I also remember seeing on some blogs a button where you can chat with someone's gmail account. Does anyone know this? where you didn't need to have your own account, you just used the one on the blog or something?

If you can help on these, let me know and I'll love you forever.

UPDATE: Nevermind, found polls, still looking for the chat thing

1 comment:

  1. To add a gTalk chat gadget to your blog you just need to do these:

    1) From the blog update page, select the 'Layout' tab from the top.
    2) Once on the layout page, select 'Add a Gadget' (you probably did this to add a poll)
    3) Toward the top, on the right, is a 'search for gadget' box. Enter chat and press return

    This should give you a list of gadgets one of which will be google talk.

    From what little I know about gTalk, it requires that an application be loaded on your PC, and it isn't available to anybody who uses UNIX (Linux) instead of Windows.

    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete